James F. Shepherd, ASLA is principal and founder of the firm.
He has over twenty years of experience in landscape architecture and planning. The following are some of his resume highlights:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (magna cum laude) from Emory and Henry College with major in Sociology with minor in Economics and Business.
- Masters of Landscape Architecture Degree from Virginia Tech.
- Registered Landscape Architect in the states of Virginia, Maryland, and West Virginia.
- Over 10 years of experience as a landscape architect and planner with established engineering firms.
- Six (6) years of experience working with VDOT as a landscape architect mitigating the environmental impacts of construction projects. These mitigation efforts included impacts to visual, historical, and environmental quality.
- Member of the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA).
- Recent landscape architecture experience includes: recreational master planning, rezoning, commercial and residential conceptual layout design, land use planning studies, stormwater management plans, and residential landscape design.
- Designed first rain garden located within the City of Richmond. The rain garden is located at Second Presbyterian Church on 5th Street.
- Currently working with the Virginia Department of Military Affairs on a Cultural Landscape Inventory and Plan for Camp Pendleton SMR in Virginia Beach.